8 Steps to Develop a Positive Attitude
Someone recently said that” Negativity is sticky. It’s hard to make it go away”.
However, this is not true. When you change your approach, you change your results.
Here are some proven techniques to develop a positive attitude and fell more motivated.
- Accept that you’ll encounter negative thoughts. Avoid beating yourself up because you experience less-than-positive ideas. Consider those thoughts as being an unavoidable part of your life that you can easily deal with.
- Take responsibility for your own thinking. Accept that your thoughts are coming from within you. The good news is that you can control your own thoughts. .
- Keep the negativity to yourself. Now that you’ve given yourself permission to confront negative thoughts, promise yourself you’ll refrain from verbally sharing the negativity with those around you. If you decide to talk to someone about a challenging situation, wait until you have a better handle on controlling your negative feelings.
- Flip your mood. Get a mental grasp on your negative thoughts. You may be familiar with the expression, “Turn your frown upside down,” meaning to smile and avoid dwelling on your troubles.
- Record the positive connection to a negative situation. Keep a pencil and paper or your electronic device close by at all times. When you experience a negative thought about a person or situation, jot down something positive about it.
- Adopt a new mantra, such as “Don’t sweat the small stuff.” In a tough situation, try to recite your mantra over and over again. You’ll soon be ready to move on with your day.
- Look ahead to the near future. Maybe you’ll discover you are full of negative thoughts each morning. If so, allow yourself to look two or three hours into the future. Think about a productive day at work followed by a dinner with an old friend.
- Praise your efforts. Once you’ve experienced your power over your disposition, acknowledge your efforts. You can even reward yourself for motivation to maintain your positivity.
Start working now to successfully deflate your negative thinking. Change your disposition and adopt a more positive perspective. You will see that negativity can be overcome.